Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter Review

              For Christmas this year my husband and I decided not to exchange gifts but to spend all the Christmas money on the kids.  So it was to my surprise on Christmas morning when he brought out a gift bag with my name on it.  "I thought we weren't exchanging gifts" I said. He replies back with "I know better than to not get you something for Christmas!" I opened my gift and found it was some kind of kitchen gadget called the Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter.  I vaguely remember seeing an infomercial about it other than that I didn't know quite what it was. I knew it had something to do with vegetables and spaghetti by looking at the package.
           
           Well a few days later after the festivities from the holidays wind down my husband brings home a couple of packages of zucchini and cucumbers from the grocery store to use on my new gadget.  The veggetti package contains a booklet with instructions on how to use it and recipes for salads and sauces to make with the vegetable noodles.  The veggetti comes in 2 pieces, one is like a lid with spikes for attaching to the end of the vegetable and the main piece is shaped like an hourglass with cutting blades on the inside. It has one end for making thin noodles and the other for thicker noodles. After peeling the zucchini and washing my new kitchen gadget I was ready to try it out.  I found the veggetti very easy to use without any elbow grease! It sliced the zucchini with ease due to the extremely sharp blades on the inside so use caution when turning anything in it.  The small spikey end of the veggetti helps protect your fingers from getting too close to the blades as well as helps get every last bit of the vegetable sliced.


            The booklet that came in the package reads that one can eat the vegetable pasta several different ways: raw, sautéed, or boiled.  I sautéed the zucchini in olive oil with salt and pepper and ate it with my homemade spaghetti meat sauce. I was impressed not only with the flavor but the texture is similar to regular spaghetti pasta.  The flavor of course is different but different in a good way.  I could definitely see myself eating zucchini spaghetti again! Tip: be sure to rinse the veggetti immediately after use so it isn't difficult to clean out later and it's dishwasher safe. The next day I tried making cucumber pasta. However I wasn't as happy with the cucumbers because of how watery they are it turned the pasta into some kind of big green raw mush.  Not very appetizing or appealing for cucumber salad. The Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter is a good alternative to regular pasta but only when using with zucchini or squash.

 
I received this product as a gift from my husband on Christmas and am in no way being paid money or given any incentives for writing this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment