Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Charmed and Dangerous by Debbie Herbert

Charmed and Dangerous (Appalachian Magic Series, #1)Charmed and Dangerous by Debbie Herbert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading Charmed and Dangerous I'm ready to take a trip to the Appalachian mountains lol! I've never been there but it sounds like a beautiful and magical area. Debbie Herbert does a great job of taking the reader to a small town in the mountains where witches and immortals are not as uncommon as one would think.

It all started during a game with the Ouija board. What a fun way to start a book about witches and the paranormal than communicating with spirits. It just grabbed me from the very beginning and never let go!

Callie, the main character is said to become a powerful witch on her 20th birthday. She not only returns home to find herself gaining psychic abilities and stronger powers then she had before but she has a lot and I mean A LOT of family drama to work through. So much so that it amazes me how she didn't give them all a harder time when she came back. I'm sure meeting James had something to do with it. She is able to confide in him and de-stress with old friends about her problems.

I think this is what is the heart of the book, Callie's relationships and friendships. I can't imagine how abandoned she must have felt when she was sent to live with her aunt without any explanations why. The letters from home while she was away weren't even personal or loving.

I'm rating Charmed and Dangerous a 5 out of 5 stars. If you like your YA books filled with magic, romance, and a bit of drama then I highly recommend Charmed and Dangerous by Debbie Herbert.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment