Thursday, February 18, 2016

Unplugged Diet UPDATE

       So it's been over a week and I guess you could say I only lasted one day without tv, computers, and my phone...pathetic I know! As my new years resolution I decided to limit how much time I spend on the computer, watching tv, and checking the phone. This day and age we waste so many hours staring at a screen and not paying attention to the real world.  I'm sure you've heard of people looking at their phones while walking and end up falling off the edge of a pier or cliff, crazy right?!  If you haven't heard about it google it.  
     Although I didn't stick to my original plan of tech time for one hour a day I have limited myself quite a bit each day.  I no longer pick up my phone to check email and facebook upon waking.  Putting my focus first on getting ready and chores done.  Another thing that I've changed is choosing to check my phone only a few times during the day for maybe 10 minutes at a time.  The tv stays off for most of the day until about 6pm or when it starts to get dark outside.  Since I've started this diet, more cleaning actually gets finished.  We spend more time outside enjoying the nice weather (I know it's February but the weather has been unusually mild so far), and more of my projects are getting done.  
       On Saturday I binged on the phone usage and I actually felt so guilty for wasting hours on it.  Why do I need to waste that time on Facebook when I could be out enjoying life.   I don't think I could completely cut the cord on technology but using my time wisely and being more aware of the time I spend on my phone/tv/computer makes my life more fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment