Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Accidental Slave by Elin Peer

The Accidental Slave: (Aya's Story) The Slave series Book 1The Accidental Slave: (Aya's Story) The Slave series Book 1 by Elin Peer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

They met during wartime in the middle east where men still take slaves. Helping former slaves, Aya wasn't expecting to be captured by Masi warriors while working for a charity organization. Emotional and dark, Elin Peer does a beautiful job of telling one young woman's struggle to overcome the abuse and hardship she endured while in the middle east.

Kato and Aya develop an unlikely relationship. You see, Kato is a Masi warrior living with his brother who chooses to kidnap Norwegian Aya. Even though they come from different sides of the war Kato and Aya form a a loving bond. Being her captor and savior, Kato shows he has true feelings for Aya.

One thing that stood out to me is the 2 worlds Kato lives in. He is introduced to us as a soldier fighting for the Masi living in a small run down apartment in a war torn town. He barely had any money or food in his apartment. Yet after he escapes, we see he actually lives a very nice upper class life in London.

I'm rating An Accidental Slave a 4 out of 5 stars. I found this book hard to put down because the end of every chapter left me wanting to know what happens next. I remember writing a short note to the author while I was reading the first part of the story because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to finish the violent scenes but luckily Kato came to our rescue just in time LOL!

Yes this is a dark and sometimes violent book. I am happy to say I really enjoyed it! Most of the R rated scenes are in the first 3rd to half of the book. While I normally don't read very many dark emotional books I'm very happy the author sent this story for me to read. Thank you :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment