Sunday, July 10, 2016

Review of The Season by Jonah Lisa Dyer and Stephen Dyer

The SeasonThe Season by Jonah Lisa Dyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a fun read!! The Season had me howling with laughter and enjoying Megan's antics through the whole story :) The cover is really cute and playful too! Reminiscent of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, this story has a modern Texas twist to it.

As a native Texan and Dallasite I love that the story takes place in my hometown. I couldn't believe Jerry Jeff Walker's Up Against the Wall Redneck Mother song was playing at Megan's party by a chamber orchestra- can you imagine? I'd love to see that lol! Oh how I wish I would've been there.

I love the way the author adapted the classic Austen love story in such a way to make it fresh and fun! Megan is down to earth and the complete opposite of all the other debutantes. She is what made this book so enjoyable.

I'm rating The Season a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. I could see this story become a movie and not just the Hallmark kind either but with major Hollywood actors and everything.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment